This mid range Hikvision NVR is a Linux based 8 channel network recorder suitable for commercial network CCTV installation.
Manufactured by Hikvision, one of the world’s leading CCTV product manufacturers, the DS-7608NI-I2/8P has an 8 port in-built PoE switch allowing up to 8 Hikvision cameras to be connected directly to the back of the NVR. It is compatible with our Hikvision cameras as well as many other ONIF compliant brands giving true plug and play functionality.
This model has programmable recording recording resolutions (up to 12MP) and frame rates allowing each camera to be configured individually. Outputs include 4K HDMI and VGA along with a composite connector. The DS-7608NI-I2/8P is compatible with H.265/H.264/H.264+/MPEG4 video formats, with the use of H.264+ storage space can be reduced by 50% to 70%.
The NVRs setup wizard automatically configures the system to monitor all cameras, recording to its hard drive when it detects movement. We include a 3TB hard drive which will give around two weeks recording time under normal use conditions (then it will start to over-write the oldest data). Please let us know your security and resolution requirements and we can recommend the best camera and hard drive configuration.
Plus you can remote view your cameras from virtually any internet capable device including PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad or Android smart phone. Remote viewing options are through a dedicated application and are either included with the installation CD or downloadable free for the iTunes store or Google Play.
When choosing an NVR it is so important to carefully research the functionality and user interface. We recommend Hikvision because the interface is so easy to use – if you can operate a DVD player you will be able to work a Hikvision NVR. Your Hikvision NVR will be supported by a 36 month manufacturer’s warranty as part of the official distribution channel for your peace of mind.
Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR features
- Hikvision NVR with up to 8-channel camera input
- 80MB/sec maximum bandwidth
- Third party network cameras supported
- Up to 12MP video recording
- 8 independent PoE network interfaces
- iPhone, iPad and Android phone remote view capable
- Digital zoom on preview – digitally zoom for detail on the live camera picture
- Multiple video search categories – search by date, time, event
- Multiple recording options – manual (records constantly), schedule (records at specific times), alarm (trigger recording from external source), motion detection (records when movement is detected on camera)
- Records all 8 video channels at the same time
- Synchronous playback – playback footage on up to 8 cameras at the same time in high resolution (great if you are searching for an event)
- Pentaplex operation – live view, records all cameras, playback, back-up and allows remote access all at the same time
- Includes a 3TB hard drive
- 2x SATA hard drive interface up to 6TB each
- Backup – with 2x USB 2.0 thumb drive, external drive or network backup to PC
- PTZ camera control in local and remote area
- IR remote control and mouse
- On board power supply
- HDMI 4K 3840×2160 and VGA output up to 1920x1080P resolution
- HDMI, VGA and BNC composite video outputs so the NVR can be connected directly to your TV or monitor plus you can connect multiple screens (such as a main screen and a spot screen allowing you to see all the cameras in the office but a spot screen in the warehouse shows only the driveway)
- Dimensions: 380 x 290 x 45mmmm
- Manufactured by Hikvision
- 36 month manufacturer’s warranty
The included remote view software allows you to live view the cameras remotely including these features:
- Static, Dynamic IP and DDNS , supports Internet Explorer and/or use the included client software
- Remote live monitoring, file searching, back-up, playback and PTZ camera control
- Remote configuration, firmware upgrade and event (alarm, motion) notification
- Full duplex two way audio transmission